What Is The Purse For The 2022 Kentucky Derby?
- Michael Paul
During the running of the 2022 Kentucky Derby (G1), there is a lot more at stake than just a gold trophy and an exquisite garland of roses. A stunning $1.86 million of the Kentucky Derby’s total reward will be awarded to the winner of the 1 1/4-mile event as well as the Kentucky Derby.
What are the payouts for this year’s Kentucky Derby?
What was the total amount of money that Rich Strike won at the Kentucky Derby in 2022? As the winner of the Kentucky Derby, Rich Strike was awarded $1,860,000.00 of the total prize pool of $3,000,000.00. Rich Strike had only earned a total of $111,289 in his career prior to winning the first leg of the Triple Crown.
- Not bad for a horse who just qualified for the Derby the day before when Ethereal Road was forced to withdraw, and who was claimed by owner Rick Dawson of RED TR-Racing following a $30,000 maiden-claiming event at Churchill Downs.
- Rich Strike: Owner Rick Dawson gambled on Eric Reed, Rich Strike and won big at 2022 Kentucky Derby “On what planet are we now?” Dawson spoke on his performance after the race on Saturday.
“I feel like I have been catapulted someplace. I’m not sure. This defies all logic and reason. I went up on stage and spoke to my coach, and I asked him, “Are you sure this isn’t a dream?” Because there is no way that could be true.’ He gave me his word that everything is genuine.
Who is the favorite to win the Triple Crown?
2022 Belmont Stakes Odds –
|1||We The People||2-1|
What was the purse at the Belmont Stakes?
The winner of the first-ever running of the Belmont Stakes, Ruthless, received $1,850 in prize money in addition to the purse that was awarded to the winner of the race. The year was 1867 at the time. You might be astonished to learn that today’s purses are far larger than those of yesteryear.
- The total amount of money up for grabs in the Belmont Stakes is $1.5 million.
- The horse that comes in first place will receive $800,000, and the horse that comes in second place will receive $280,000.
- Take a look at the following to see what’s at stake: The first place prize is $800,000.
- 280,000 comes in for second place.
$150,000 comes in for third place. The prize for fourth place is $100,000. Fifth Place is worth $50,000. In addition to receiving the largest portion of the prize money, the winner of the Belmont Stakes also receives a year-long rental of the trophy, a Tiffany -made solid silver bowl, and is covered in a coveted 40-pound blanket made up of over 700 carnations in the winner’s circle.